Here are the step-by-step instructions to get you ready to begin the Challenge. These steps are absolutely essential for entering the Challenge.
Step 1: Obtain a crypto wallet.
A wallet is an app that is used to store, send and receive your coins. There are many to choose from. If you don’t have one already, we suggest the Atomic Wallet. It supports many coins and tokens. There are two coins/tokens that are used in the Challenge.
- Lumens (XLM) for your purchases and
- USDC to receive payments from the Challenge.
Step 2: Purchase Your Lumens (XLM).
You will need only $6.25 for the Challenge. We suggest having at least $10 worth of XLM to start because of the fluctuations in cryptocurrency prices.
For beginners, the easiest way get your XLM is to open a Coinbase. It is easy and they will guide you through the process. Follow this link if you want to know how to get your XLM for free. Once you have your Coinbase account and your Lumens (XLM), you are ready for the next step.
Step 3: Transfer Your XLM to Your Atomic Wallet.
Because the minimum XLM transaction on Coinbase is 2 XLM, you want to make your purchases from the Atomic Wallet. If the price of XLM goes to 14 cents or more, your transaction will fail in the store but your 2 XLM will be sent.
- Open your Coinbase account.
- Find and Click on Stellar Lumens.
- Select the Send button from the buttons on the top of your screen.
- Next, open your Atomic Wallet and
- Select XLM from the list.
- You will see two buttons at the bottom: RECEIVE and SEND. Click the RECEIVE button.
- Click the COPY button and click it.
- Return to your Coinbase account.
- Paste the number into the TO field. It will ask if you need the Memo field. You Do Not.
- Confirm the transaction and your Lumens are on the way.
- Go back to your Atomic Wallet and confirm that the transaction was received.
- Your next step is to proceed to the Registration link on the main menu or click the Register Now button below.
If you have not made more than you’ve paid by the end of the first 25 Day cycle, we will gladly pay you the difference.